Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sneak Peek #2: Jenny Bean's Friendship Sampler

As promised, here's sneak peek number two (if you click on the picture, you can see it larger). This sampler was a lot of fun to stitch, and you can pre-order from me, or make sure to have your local shop pick some up at market. I can also take orders from shops and ship right after market (this might be faster than waiting for the distributors.) Next week, I'll show another quarter of the piece...and the week of market you'll get to see the whole thing in the frame (I'm still waiting for that to come in.)

We had a relatively quiet Labor Day weekend. Graham stayed home with a cold on Friday, and then promptly shared it with the rest of us. No big deal -- we're all feeling better, and I did get lots of stitching done. I finished two new pincushions (they will go with some pin sets from Just Another Button Co.), and designed and started stitching Jenny Bean's Christmas ornament for 2010, which will go nicely with the Friendship Sampler.

One cool thing we did this weekend: Thanksgiving Dinner! Sunday, for fun, I roasted a turkey breast, and made homemade stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, and even bought a can of cranberries (it was the best I could do there...no fresh or frozen ones in the store.) It was DELICIOUS! What a treat! Everyone kept saying: "Oh my gosh, this is sooo good." We ate until we were too full, and then I think a few of us took naps. Who says you can only have that meal once a year? It's easy to cook, and so delicious (and inexpensive...I spent way less on that dinner than if we had gone out to eat.) And the leftovers (what little there were) tasted delightful.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad you are feeling better!

LOVE the new Jenny Bean! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Jeanne said...

Your new sampler is lovely Theresa - can't wait to see the whole unveiling. Congratulations on another great design and I'm looking forward to seeing your new pincushion designs!

Chris said...

Theresa,
This looks like another must have!

Chris

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Hello your embroidery is wonderful!
You are a fairy of the cross stitch
Best regards marylin