Thursday, May 13, 2010

Magic Garden Sampler Finished


Summer isn't here, but summer is here, you know what I mean? We've been living in air conditioning already, and even though our pool isn't open yet, you can feel the change of seasons. Humidity. Bugs. Heat. Storms. And flowers (that's one of the best parts.) Just in time for garden season, I've finally finished my Magic Garden Sampler, and hey, I love it! It was fun to stitch with all of those little motifs. You can order the chart through me now -- the distributors will all have it soon (but if you're a shop and can't wait, go ahead and give me a call.) I hope you like it.

If you don't follow me on Facebook, a few weeks ago, I asked everyone about his/her oldest UFO (UnFinished Object.) Seems like a lot of people are harboring projects in the bottoms of drawers and backs of closets. Will they ever get finished? I'm trying to come up with a way to host a UFO Adoption Agency online. If you have any ideas for how this could work (and be fair), let me know!

A lot of you write and phone and ask about my cats. I will report that they are all doing just fine. Ruby (she's our black kitten we adopted in April) has a new trick. If I'm in the kitchen, and she wants to see what I'm doing, she takes a running jump, climbs me like a lumberjack climbs a tree (only FAST!), and perches on my shoulder. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but for sure it's putting holes in my legs and back. Good thing she's very cute and I find the whole thing so darn funny! (The other cats just kind of roll their eyes. KITTENS!!)

18 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh my I love the new design. It's wonderful Theresa.

I can only imagine what it loks like for that kitty to be running up your back LOL

Take Care and thanks for a great desgin :)

Star said...

Ooh...Magic Garden is lovely. I have so many UFOs that my craft room resembles a needlepoint orphanage. Sigh.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love this, Theresa! What size, color and count of fabric did you use? What's the design size and would you, please, list the threads and colors used? I want to see if I have any of the fabric or floss in my stash and then I'll be calling you to order. Love it!!!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Oh, that gardening design is pretty!

Ah, I miss having cats!! They are such fun!!

K-G Knitter said...

My mother always says, "Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back."

:) Magic Garden is splendid!

Unknown said...

UFO Adoption in that someone would finish for you? Could it also be a UFO trade?

Mine is the dreaded Scarlet that I am stitching for my MIL - I just had the darn thing but I do love my "Mom"

Syd said...

Theresa -

What a wonderful design! Congratulations on your finish!

Anonymous said...

I love the new design! I may have to add that one to the pile. :) I think the UFO adoption is a great idea! How fun!

diamondc said...

Simply adorable I love anything garden, this is lovely.
Thank-you for sharing.
Catherine

Sharon Crescent said...

I love that the 'cats rolled their eyes and said "kittens".' LOLOL

Unknown said...

That's a lovely sampler there! Mayhap you can sew up a light-weight rope ladder as a sweater vest/yoke that ties in the middle and drops to the floor. You could dye the rope fibre in a lovely spring rhubarb or summer squash for a fashion sense during this kitten phase. Enjoy ;-)

~Carrie

Courtney said...

alright, you know I'm a sucker for your samplers!! can you send me a paypal request to ridercou@msu.edu for this chart?? I LOVE IT!!

-Courtney

Marianne said...

Pretty Sampler! Last year one of my kittens did that climbing deal as well. Painful but "cute" if you know what I mean. LOL He stopped after he got older and bigger so there's hope!!

Isabelle said...

Hi Theresa, I love your garden sampler : really nice !!
Summer is already in your country...hum!...you are lucky ! Here , in Brittany, the temperatures are still quite chilly and the days often rainy ... good for the gardens and the flowers:-)
I am really happy your cats are fine.
Have a great day ,
Isabelle

Isabelle said...

Oh !! I forgot to tell you my oldest UFO which is resting in my drawer is " The japanese Garden" from the Chatelaine..

Catherine said...

Love it!! It looks like the colors will compliment Jenny's Humble Servant!

woolwoman said...

LOVE the new magic garden Theresa - I'm behind on blog reading so I enjoyed the visit with your folks and sister. Your son with darling with or w/o his long hair - we grew up in the 70's when everyone had long hair so I still love it ! Mel

barbara r-g said...

not sure if anyone remembers the Truth Sampler many years back, many years. still working on it and hope to have it done in a year. umm i think i have said that before. love your work, thanks.